Monday, February 26, 2007

I think I'll go back to Cali...

No, I don't think so. It appears that our experience of the chaotic Dakar airport has continued. I showed up last night to check in and made it as far as getting the baggage claim strip affixed to my luggage before Air France realized that the plane was full. I'll be taking the same selection of flights home today, getting in a day late - hopefully. On the plus side, I got to spend a night at the nicest hotel in Senegal (which is nice, but not as nice as you'd expect), got some flight credits and an exit row seat guarantee (not sure if i believe that one). On the down side, itùs another day until I can see Amanda and Ethan. 6 hours from now, I'll try it all again.
It sounds like the rest of the team made it through the tough part of getting out of Dakar. I hope they make it all the way home in one piece.
Scott, Kara and I are spending the day in the Almaides region in Northern Dakar. Mellow feel to it - definitely a well heeled area.

No comments: